Coaches: Please read these rules to your team. It is your responsibility for your team to abide by these rules on and off the field.
1) All players must currently be enrolled in high school for the 2013-2014 school year. No class of 2013 graduates.
2) Obscene, bigoted and abusive language will not be tolerated at this tournament. This includes abusive language towards refs, racist or homophobic comments and other obscenities. Any player, coach or parent that cannot respect this will be asked to immediately leave the tournament premises.
3) Use or possession of illegal substances will result in immediate dismissal from the tournament.
4) If a player gets in a fight during a game, that player will be expelled from the tournament. No exceptions.
- If a player is ejected from a game for any other reason, he will serve a 1 game suspension on the following game.
- All suspensions and expulsions regarding rules two through four are at the sole discretion of the tournament directors and 510 Lacrosse staff. These decisions will be final and no refunds will be given.
5) Each seeding game will consist of two 25 minute running halves with a 5 minute halftime.
- No horns. All subs on the fly.
- No timeouts.
- Personal fouls will serve 90 seconds in the box. Technical fouls will serve 45 seconds.
- One 5 minute sudden victory overtime in case of a tie.
- If no team scores in overtime, the game will end as a tie game.
Each playoff game will consist of the same 25 minute running halves with a 5 minute halftime.
- Each team will have 1 timeout per game.
- The clock will stop on the 2 minute timeout.
- Only winning bracket games will have one 10 minute sudden victory overtime in case of a tie.
- No timeouts in the overtime.
Championship game will be two 30 minute running halves with a 5 minute halftime.
- Game will go to a stop clock in the final 2 minutes of the second half.
- Penalties under 2 minutes in the second half will be at regular times – 1 minute / 30 seconds
- Each team will have 1 timeout per half, no carry over.
- No limit on 10 minute overtime periods.
6) NO “Take-out” checks – Take-out checks are prohibited in this tournament. A take-out check is defined as any body check in which a player lowers his head or shoulder with the force and intent to put another player on the ground. Take-out checks are assessed a one minute personal foul for an illegal body check. We are playing in this tournament to have fun and get ready for our high school season. While these checks are often legal and part of the game, we do not want to see anybody hurt in this tournament. If a player gets called for two take-out check penalties in one game, the player will be suspended for the following game. These calls and suspensions are at the sole discretion of the refs and tournament directors.
7) All sticks must be legal and adhere to current CIF lacrosse rules. Refs will check for baggy sticks and any illegal sticks will be a 3 minute non-releasable penalty (running time).
8) In case of teams with the same win/loss records, the following will be used to determine the better seed.
- Head to head competition
- Lowest goals allowed
- Coin flip
9) The tournament director or head official will handle any discrepancies.
10) All other on-field rules will follow current CIF lacrosse rules.
Rain or Shine!
If anybody was at the 510 Challenge four years ago, they remember that this event is rain or shine. That said, last year it was beautiful weather in the high 60's for the entire weekend.